Guidelines For Patient During COVID -19
Dear patient we want to provide you with detailed guidance in preparation for your surgical procedure. We know these are stressful times and we want to make sure we can answer most of your facility questions.
Please review the following:
- 1. As you know any sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, fever, body aches, flue like symptoms have to be reported before you arrive.
- 2. Your surgeon will give you an order for the COVID test to take, a week before surgery. Results vary from 1-4 days.
- 3. Antibody testing or COVID-19 testing: In order for you to have surgery at Scottsdale Eye Surgery Center you need to receive a negative test result. If you received an antibody test and is positive, you need to schedule a COVI-19 swab test and the result has to be negative to proceed.
- 4. Once you have been tested and have received a negative result, please take care of yourself and isolate until the day of surgery.
- 5. Once you arrive to Scottsdale Eye Surgery Center, we will ask you to wait in the car and call us to let us know you are here. (480) 949-1208. Do not walk in unless authorized. The patient will be the only one allowed to walk in, not your driver or family member, please remind your driver to use our covered parking lot.
- 6. We will check your temperature as soon as you walk in, your temperaturemust be lower than 100 degrees.
- 7. We encourage you to bring your own mask to wear at SESC, if you don’t have one, one will be provided as soon as you arrive.
- 8. Once your surgery has taken place and you are in recovery, the nurse will call your family member or driver over the phone and go over instructions. Once the nurse is ready for your discharge, she will ask your driver to bring the car close to the recovery door for discharge.
- 9. We want you to rest assure that all your physicians and staff members have been tested for COVID-19 and will wear a mask at all times
- 1. Scottsdale Eye Surgery Center has a specialized cleaning company that has taken extra measures to disinfect the facility. We will keep the facility extra clean for you.
- 2. Please refrain from bringing extra personal items or jewelry to your surgical visit.
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of you, and we will make sure
you will feel safe during your stay.