Day of Surgery
Generally, you are asked to arrive 1 to 1 1/2 hours before your schedule surgery time. Please check in at the reception desk. To make your stay more comfortable, please follow these procedures:
- Provide your completed health questionnaire to your surgeons’ office, to be faxed to us right away. If you did not receive a health questionnaire from your doctor, please request one.
- Bring your Medicare and/or other insurance cards.
- Bring a copy of your Living Will and Power of Attorney.
- Cell phone use should only be used for emergencies.
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear loose-fitting short sleeve clothing.
- Avoid using facial or eye makeup on the day of your surgery.
- You may leave your dentures in place.
- If you wear hearing aids, please remove the one close to the operative side.
- Arrange for transportation home. A responsible party must accompany you home. You will not be allowed to drive for 24 hours following your surgery. If you are accompanied by a family member or friend, one person is welcome to wait in our lobby, extra seating is very limited. Please tell your friend or family member to be prepared to wait approximately 1-4 hours.
If you are accompanied by a family member or friend, your driver must wait outside due to COVID precautions. Please tell your friend or family member to be prepared to wait approximately 1-4 hours.
Patient entrance is on the South West corner of the building. Covered parking is available for patients on the south side of the building.